Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snow Day: Indoor Edition & Crayola Washable Paint Review!


It's been snowing like crazy here in Michigan and while there are surely way more pinterest worthy projects we could do with our afternoon, I decided we would practice learning our colors with a very basic activity.

Supplies
I bought these paints and brushes at target before Christmas so I grabbed the two shades of blue and one green. I've had these take and toss bowls hanging out in my Tupperware cabinet making a mess for months now, most of the lids are MIA but at least now I have a use for them. I happened to be able to match the colors to the bowls which makes it easier for Stefanos to identify and learn the colors we are focusing on. I also went for the blue brush and made a point only to bring out one brush because I knew he would be distracted by multiples and I wanted him to focus on making a masterpiece!



By choosing only two colors we were able to talk about both colors a lot while painting without any confusion. We could also identify both colors on the paper (too many colors can blend together and be hard to see)





The bowls are very light so they were easy for him to pick up and hold while he dipped his brush. He quickly got the hang of things.





We did two paintings that took about 25 minutes which I think is long enough for a toddler to focus on one thing. We chatted about the green and blue paint, the green and blue bowls, and practiced repeating the words green and blue in both English and Greek during that time. A productive half hour I'd say.



What happens when you let the dogs outside!


Art!
This is a quick and easy project for a snow day or any day. Crayola washable paints make it easy to clean up too. It is easily cleaned up from skin, clothing, and surfaces with just a baby wipe (or a pack of baby wipes depending on how long it takes you to let the dogs out the back door)


So you'll still have time to make dinner...



This is my own spin on a Skinnytaste recipe I love. I substituted the frozen spinach for a bag of fresh baby spinach leaves and added some chopped mushrooms, I then added a pound of ground lamb to the spinach and cheese mixture. I reserved some meat and mixed it in with my sauce to pour on top before baking! It was delish =)

No comments:

Post a Comment