1 head of broccoli
1 large summer squash
1-2 zucchini squash
10 baby bella mushrooms
1/2 package (2.5 oz.) baby spinach
1/2 large onion
3-4 garlic cloves
1 large shallot
1 lb. ground chicken breast
.5 lb. ground turkey breast
1 lb. ground chicken thigh
.5 lb. ground turkey thigh
1 cup breadcrumbs (or make your own)
1. Chop carrots, broccoli, summer squash, zucchini, and mushrooms.
Oooooh pretty colors! (That means "oooooh nutrients" in nutritionist talk)
2. Steam chopped veggies and spinach until cooked. Carrots and broccoli will take the longest, spinach the shortest, so split it up accordingly.
3. In a blender combine cooked veggies, onion, garlic, shallot, and cilantro and blend until mostly smooth. If mixture is too thick add in some cooking water.
Mmmm green goop!
4. In a large bowl combine your meats and green goop. Add eggs, about 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, and salt, pepper, paprika. Or other spices you prefer. You have to go pretty heavy on the spices because you're working with a giant mass of food. Get in there and mix that shit up! Until thoroughly mixed...
More appetizing photos for your enjoyment...
5. Set oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly dust a baking sheet with olive oil. Make a small plate of breadcrumbs.
6. Shape your not so green anymore goop into small patties and cover each side with breadcrumbs.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes, until golden brown.
Makes about 30 patties. I leave some in the fridge for the next few days and freeze the rest.
As with most of my recipes, these are just guidelines. This is what I used to make this batch. Last batch I used less meat and different vegetables. It comes out quite well regardless, it's pretty difficult to mess this up. I particularly like to mix turkey with chicken because I don't cook much with turkey so this way we get a little more variety, however using all turkey will make it more dry so you would have to compensate with the other ingredients. All chicken would work fine. So experiment with it and if you come up with some amazing combination let me know! Hint: Add cheese ;)