Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bluum Box - October 2013

Bluum is a monthly subscription for baby (with a little something for mom thrown in there!)

Memberships also include an annual subscription to Family Fun or Parents magazine and can range in price from $14.95-$24.95 depending on whether you want to pay in advance for your boxes or not.

I've been getting Bluum for six months now and although I don't always LOVE everything in the boxes, I always find a use for them. One of the things I do LOVE about Bluum is the fact hat they always send a book, sometimes two, and the quality of the books they send is outstanding. They usually make up the majority of the value in the box and for me the books are high on the list of things I want from a subscription like this. Some of my favorite baby and toddler items have been sent to me in a Bluum box and I look forward to getting it each month!



This month the theme for our Bluum Box was "Let's Make Friends" 
Here's what I received including the company description of the items and a little about what I thought of them...





Introduce first concepts of manners with four double-sided sturdy tabs to pull-out and explore and simple interplay between illustrations and story. This robust padded and cased format promotes tactile exploration. Beautiful and engaging animal illustrations bring the subject to life with simple, rhythmical text that links concepts to clear, real-life examples.
I like this book and it is going to be put away for Christmas. Stefanos will probably understand it a little by then. Teaching a toddler to do the right thing is a challenge so I'll take all the help I can get! He will love the pull out tabs too, I just know it.

Circle Of Friends - Han's Blueberry Shampoo



This shampoo is something to ''Oom Pah Pah'' about. Lathering into creamy blueberry bubbles, this shampoo cleans, conditions, detangles, and adds shine and body. This wonderful blueberry scented shampoo, full of fresh botanical ingredients and formulated for all hair types is tearless and free of Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates for the ultimate gentle shampoo.
So I didn't actually get this in my box...I got the girls detangler which smells delightful by the way!! I contacted Bluum who agreed to send me the blueberry body wash but they sent me another raspberry detangler! I will update my thoughts on the item if I ever get it!!

Priddy Books - My Little Counting



Basic concepts of numbers and counting introduced with fun activities to reinforce learning. Illustrated with beautiful color photographs.
This is a great book and another that I am going to put in our Christmas pile. Stefanos knows one, two...and that's it so far so we will be expanding on that with the help of this book! 

Circle Of Friends - Organic Makwa Calming Cream



Circle of Friends Makwa's Organics Calming Cream is a non greasy cream that helps strengthen the natural water-barrier properties of skin. It is enriched with the goodness of vitamins A and E. Meant for the entire family, it's an organic product made with natural ingredients.
This is a great smelling cream and it will be used as Stefanos has sensitive skin. I will write an update when we use it. 

B Kids - Pet Miniature World - Cat



This play set from B Kids is a great collectables toy with all pets involved in building the Pets Wonderland.
So I don't love this toy and it seems rather girly to me. Not something I would buy and I was honestly disappointed with it. It's going in our gift pile! 

Luna - Carrot Cake Bar



An indulgent cinnamon-spiced bar with carrots, walnuts, white soy chips, and sweet raisins—drizzled with creamy vanilla icing.
I love me some Luna bars but the carrot cake....they can keep it! I'm glad it tried it though. 

So what do you think of the Bluum box this month? We have some other boxes on their way and we are looking forward to comparing them to see where we are getting the best bang for their buck!
To check them out click here


No comments:

Post a Comment