Monday, October 21, 2013

Homemade Breadcrumbs

If you are like me, and don't like most commercial foods, you probably won't find suitable breadcrumbs. So I make my own out of the bread that I like (I use Berlin Bakery sprouted spelt bread, but there are great gluten free alternatives).

1. Set oven to 170 degrees.

2. Lay out bread slices on an ungreased cooking sheet.

 BREAD.

3. Bake until the bread becomes hard as a rock! About an hour or two, even if you forget about it for longer than that it will be fine. Just make sure you don't burn it, which I'm not even entirely sure is possible, cuz I let it go for about 5 hours last time and it was fine. Ah mommy brain!

4. Break up the bread and toss into your blender and blend until you have bread crumbs! Don't overdo it though because you will end up with flour.

 BROKEN BREAD

That's it! You can also add spices to it such as salt, garlic, basil, etc. depending on the recipe and your preferences. Throw the leftovers into a Tupperware container, it will store for quite some time.

 CRUMBS!

No comments:

Post a Comment