Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sweet And Sour Chicken (Wings)

I'm pretty sure Chinese food is every one's guilty pleasure. I don't care how much high fructose corn syrup is in those sauces, I want more!

Just not every day, cuz that's gross.

So here's a recipe for the every day fix you don't have to feel bad about.

It tastes absolutely nothing like that fake stuff but it's real and it's very tasty!


Ingredients: This is a really simple recipe so I'm not including any measurements. Because I didn't measure anything!

-  Chicken (I used organic boneless chicken thighs but you could do any piece you like. Using drumsticks with the skin on would work great and you would have some tasty sweet and sour wings!)
- Butter
- Raw honey
- Hot sauce

How To:

1. Melt butter in a sauce pan.

This is what melting butter looks like. This is about how much I used. Good luck ;)
 
2.  Add in honey and hot sauce to taste and stir stir stir!
 
  If it looks like this you need to add more honey!
 
That's better.
 
You can be pretty liberal with the hot sauce. Taste it as you go, but then add a little more. I don't like spicy things but when I finished cooking I thought it could have used some more. (Of course you could also pour more hot sauce at the end!). You can also make extra of this sauce for dipping.. It's pretty yummy.
 
3. Oh yea, your oven should have been turned on to 370 degrees! Place your chicken in an oven safe dish and pour the sauce over to cover. Place in oven for about 40-60 minutes until fully cooked. You may want to turn the broiler on real fast at the end to brown the top.
 
 Stick that baby in the oven!
 
Um, yup, that's it! THREE steps! Go nuts!
 
And enjoy!  
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment