Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Citrus Lane November

I canceled my Citrus Lane box about three months ago because I just wasn't loving the boxes I was getting. But when Missy posted a deal for sale on Plum District for a three month subscription I couldn't pass it up.
 

 I got my "first" box last week. I didn't track the shipping because honestly, I wasn't excited enough about it. The box actually sat in my room waiting to be opened until last night.
From what I remember, Citrus Lane didn't used to have monthly themes but this box certainly did seem to be themed. All the items related to food and I was happy to see the box was pretty full.
 
 
Reusable Snack Bags $6.95


I've thought about buying these in the past but never actually bit the bullet. Lately we've been bringing along an "emergency sandwich" for our picky little peanut along with his usual fruit and other snacks and I've noticed myself going through ziploc bags like crazy so these will come in handy. Nothing will replace our Munchie Mug...ever....but I like these a lot and we will totally use them.
 
Green Toys Pot & Utensils $12.00

 
Like most toddlers my son likes to empty the drawers and cupboards in my kitchen and finds spatulas, pans and tupperware fascinating! Am I under any illusion that this will prevent him from doing that?....No! But I do think he will like it and I'm putting it away for Christmas, by which time I will probably have a few more from the collection to go along with it.
A win for Citrus Lane! Love this!
 
Baked Cheese Snacks $1.00
 

I'm not really big in to these cheesy snacks although my son certainly likes them. We may use these, we may not. I'm trying to avoid unhealthy snacking as we go through this picky stage. I would have preferred a Happy Family pouch or some yogis or something like that. Crunchy Momma would NOT approve of these!!
 
Lip Balm $16.00
 

I have a pretty set routine when it comes to skincare (lips included!) If it's not from the body shop or clinique I generally won't use it, with the exception of EOS lip balm. I read some pretty great reviews of this stuff though so I plan on trying it. If nothing else it will end up in my night stand drawer for those mornings when I wake up after one too many glasses of wine and I have super dry lips and too bad a headache to get my ass out of bed!
 
Skip Hop Plate $6.00

 
 I love anything from Skip Hop. And I mean anything. I probably own one of everything they make!! We already have the dog, the monkey, and the bumble bee versions of this plate and I was just about to order one more so we had enough for a day and a half since that's how often I seem to run the dishwasher these days...Speaking of which, these plates do great in the dishwasher, even on the bottom rack so you can put them with your regular plates instead of struggling to fit them on the top (anyone else feel like their kids stuff totally messes up the mojo in their dishwasher or am I totally nuts?) One of my issues with Citrus Lane before was that they used Skip Hop products in all their ad's but I would never actually get any Skip Hop products in my boxes. I thought it was misleading. So this plate is a win for them. I love it!!
 
So...Citrus Lane was a win for me this month and our box had a value of $41.95. Two more great boxes like this and I might keep my subscription past the three month deal. It was, for sure, worth the $10 I paid for it*
If you'd like to try Citrus Lane you can get $10 off your first box by using this link and with the new box configuration, that means you could get your first box for as little as $2 shipped!!
 
As of next month they will be offering three box types at three different price points which I think is a great idea. If I continue past my current subscription I'm sure I will stick with the regular box but the cheaper option is a great idea and I might consider it in future as a gift. The higher end box would be great as a one time gift to someone also...at least I think so.
 
 
 
 
 
 
*The Plum District deal was three months for $40 but Missy accidentally purchased two and sold the extra code to me for $30

No comments:

Post a Comment